Woodbury DWI/DUI Attorney
- Stop & Arrest : First and most importantly, always try to stay calm. A nervous person will likely look guilty to a police officer. What a person does over the next 30 minutes can be life-changing.
- Level Of DWI Charges : The negative effects of being charged with driving while intoxicated are numerous and serious. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important for you to consult with an experienced, qualified Minnesota DWI lawyer.
- License Revocation : There are various penalties that you may face when you are charged with a DWI, not least of which is the suspension of your driving privileges.
- Hidden Costs Of DWI : People often wonder what are the actual costs of a DWI. There are many hidden costs you may not know about shortly after being arrested , but they will quickly become apparent as you begin to address your DWI matter.
- Choosing A DWI Lawyer : The reality is that if you are facing a DWI charge, the penalties that can be imposed (even if this is your first DWI) are extreme and very serious. It is possible to be sentenced to extensive jail time, expensive fines, loss of driving privileges and other sanctions.
- Intoxilyzer 5000EN : Since the Intoxilyzer was introduced for use in Minnesota, certain defendants have sought court orders to inspect the computer or source code in the state’s breath test as part of their defense.
- Defenses To DWI : There are many ways to successfully defend a DWI charge in Minnesota.
- Felony DWI or CVO : If you are arrested for four DWIs over a period of 10 years, you may be convicted of a felony DWI.
- Field Sobriety Testing : There are many possible defenses when Field Sobriety Tests are used in a stop-and-arrest case. Kevin DeVore has extensive experience in handling and interpreting Field Sobriety Tests to best defend your case.
- B-Cards : If you have been convicted of three DWI charges, you may seek the issuance of a B-Card to allow you to drive under certain circumstances. Seeking a valid B-Card means that you have completed a substance abuse rehabilitation program and are able to represent to the court that you will not consume any alcohol at any time.
- Test Refusal : Field sobriety tests are designed to determine probable cause for arrest of a person. Tests administered by an officer can include the horizontal gaze nystagmus test, standing on one leg, walking a line, counting, or reciting the alphabet.
- Vehicle Forfeiture : Many people do not realize that in Minnesota today it is possible that your motor vehicle can be impounded as a result of DWI stop. If you have an qualified and committed DWI attorney working on your behalf, you may be able to avoid this inconvenience.