Stillwater, MN Criminal Defense Attorney
Stillwater is such a picturesque setting nestled on the banks of the St. Croix River that one might think nothing bad ever happens there. Even though a state penitentiary is down the road, crime in Stillwater may seem far removed. And yet, people are arrested every day for crimes. When people make mistakes, law enforcement officers and prosecutors are ready and willing to make people pay for those mistakes. Sometimes, the ones making the mistakes are the arresting officers. When that happens, a Stillwater, criminal defense lawyer is critical to protecting freedom and fighting for the rights of the accused.
At DeVore Law Office we are ready to fight that fight and protect those freedoms. Kevin DeVore is a Stillwater criminal defense attorney who is recognized for his experience and success rate. He has been designated as a ‘Super Lawyer’ for the past 10 years in a row. This recognition is given to only 5 percent of lawyers in Minnesota.
If you have been arrested for a felony or misdemeanor in Stillwater, our team at DeVore Law Office would like to help.
Vigorous Defense for Violent Crimes
The criminal defense cases that can be the hardest to defend are those for violent crimes. Many of them are felonies which can result in enhanced penalties in terms of fines as well as potential jail time.
Kevin DeVore is a certified MSBA Certified Criminal Law Specialist and has been featured in the Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, and Law & Politics Magazine for his work as a criminal defense attorney. Many of his criminal defense successes are for defending those accused of violent crimes, including:
- Assault with a deadly weapon and other assault crimes
- Violent federal crimes such as kidnapping and non-violent federal crimes such as fraud and money laundering
- Felonies involving weapons or violence
- Malicious punishment of a child
- Sexual assault
- Terroristic threats that threaten violence, even though no violence may have yet occurred
- Criminal vehicular homicide/operation of a motor vehicle when under the influence of drugs or alcohol
When someone is accused of a violent crime, the prosecution may work a little harder for a conviction. That means your Stillwater criminal lawyer also has to work harder to protect your freedom and prevent a potential criminal record.
Serious Defense for Felonies or Misdemeanors
Criminal charges can be very serious for non-violent or so-called victimless crimes. Even a misdemeanor can result in jail time. At DeVore Law Office, we understand the importance of providing big-time defense for even the smallest of charges.
We represent clients accused of the following types of felonies or misdemeanors:
- Drug possession with intent to sell and other drug crimes
- DWI/DUI including driver’s license revocation and suspension issues and motor vehicle forfeitures
- Firearm violations
- Gross misdemeanors including juvenile crimes
- Probation violations
- White collar crimes such as fraud, embezzlement, employee theft and forgery
Arrested, Accused in Stillwater? We Can Help
The best way to get a good defense is to get a good attorney. If you live in the Stillwater area, contact Stillwater criminal lawyer Kevin DeVore to schedule an initial consultation.