Minnesota Criminal Lawyer
“Guiding You Through The Legal Maze”
The lawyer you choose can make the difference between having your charges reduced/dropped or facing serious legal consequences including fines, jail time, loss of employment, and harmful effects on family and friends if the law labels you as a criminal.
Minneapolis Criminal Lawyer Kevin DeVore has extensive experience litigating civil and criminal matters at the state, federal and appellate court levels. He has obtained numerous acquittals in criminal matters ranging from DUI to serious felonies, including a recent acquittal in a murder case.
Kevin DeVore has been designated as a ‘Super Lawyer,’ for the past 9 years in a row, a recognition that is given to only 5% of the attorneys in the State of Minnesota. Kevin DeVore is a Certified Criminal Law Specialist and a member of such prestigious organizations as the Minnesota Society of Criminal Justice (which has a membership limited to only 50 Minnesota criminal defense attorneys). Other affiliations include National College for DUI Defense, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Kevin is frequently are asked to consult with other attorneys to assist them in preparing their own cases.
Kevin DeVore has been featured in the Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, and Law & Politics Magazine for his acclaimed criminal defense victories.
Kevin is a graduate of the William Mitchell College of Law where he earned his law degree in 1996. He has been licensed to practice law before the state and federal courts of Minnesota since October 1996. While attending law school, Kevin worked as a full-time law clerk for the Honorable Michael T. DeCourcy, Judge of District Court in Ramsey County.
During college, Kevin played football for St. Thomas and earned honors of All American in 1990 and 1991 (first team) and All Conference in 1989, 1990 and 1991. He was also voted team captain and the teams’ Offensive Most Valuable Player. In 2004, Kevin was inducted into the University of St. Thomas Athletic Hall of Fame.
In addition to being a lawyer, Kevin currently is the chairman of a billion dollar national financial institution. He also enjoys spending time with his family, playing outdoor sports and coaching his kids’ various sports teams.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Small Business
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Minnesota, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1996
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota, 1996 , Juris Doctor
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1991 , Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense, Inc.
- Minnesota Society of Criminal Justice (click to visit MSCJ blog)
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- USLAW Network
- Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine , 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Rising Star by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine , 2001, 2002, 2003