Duluth Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been accused of a crime, you may not know where to turn. You may be afraid of going to jail, of having a criminal record that makes getting a job impossible, and of paying large fines or facing other penalties.
It is natural to have these fears because a criminal conviction can mean serious consequences. Fortunately, you don’t have to handle your arrest or investigation alone. Duluth criminal defense lawyer Kevin DeVore can help you with your case, explain all of your options and work to find a way to minimize potential penalties or avoid conviction altogether.
The outcome of your case can depend upon the legal skill of your lawyer, and you owe it to yourself and your future to have a caring, knowledgeable and professional legal advocate in your corner. Attorney DeVore has more than a decade of experience and has dedicated his career to helping those accused of a crime find their way through the criminal justice system.
Choosing a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Duluth
When you are accused of a crime, it’s vital to get legal help as soon as possible to assuage the situation. Options for dealing with criminal charges may include:
- Entering into a diversion program or alternative sentencing program for first offenders to avoid jail time or a permanent criminal record
- Negotiating with the prosecutor in order to plead guilty to less-serious charges or to receive a lighter criminal sentence
- Getting charges dropped by making it impossible for the prosecutor to prove the case or by pointing out to the court that there is insufficient evidence to proceed. Sometimes, this is done by showing your Fourth Amendment rights were violated and evidence was collected illegally and thus cannot be used.
- Showing that the prosecutor did not prove your guilt. Remember, you cannot be convicted if the prosecutor doesn’t prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty of all elements of a crime.
- Raising a defense such as self-defense that justifies your actions and allows you to avoid conviction
Knowing which option is the right one can be difficult, and actually defending yourself in court and building a claim can be almost impossible without advanced legal knowledge. Fortunately, Duluth criminal lawyer Kevin DeVore can advise you on all of these options and help you pursue a favorable outcome.
Contact Duluth Criminal Defense Attorney Kevin DeVore Today
The DeVore Law Office handles a variety of criminal cases, including charges related to:
- Drug Crimes
- DWI / DUI
- Federal Crimes
- Firearm Violations
- Gross Misdemeanors
- Juvenile Crimes
- Malicious Punishment
- Probation Violations
- Sexual Assault
- Terroristic Threats
- Theft / Fraud
- Criminal Vehicular Homicide / Operation
- White Collar Crimes
In every case, Attorney DeVore will advocate for you, keep you informed and empowered to make the best decisions possible, and fight to minimize or eliminate any potential consequences of the criminal charges you face. To schedule your free consultation and learn how we can help you, give us a call at(612) 836-9501or contact us online today.